Compiled by Steve Burns
Expectations are again high in 2013 for the Georgia Bulldogs, who have won the last two SEC East titles and came close to winning the conference title last season.
However, the Clemson Tigers also are riding high, ranking No. 8 nationally, and they have the No. 5 Bulldogs at home in "Death Valley" for both teams' season opener Saturday. (Game time: 8 p.m., ABC.)
So it's time to take a look at some online news accounts about the big game:
- SOUTH CAROLINA WILL WIN: A South Carolina-based writer says that Clemson will beat Georgia in a high scoring affair. The same writer also picked Clemson to win all its games.
- GEORGIA WILL WIN: In an article geared for the gambling crowd -- which is just about everybody -- Georgia ranks as a slight favorite. On football matters, "It’s just going to be interesting to see how quickly these guys can get their feet under them and start playing with some confidence,” Georgia coach Mark Richt said of his defense.
- CRIMSON TIDE TO CLEMSON: Alabama fans will remember Dabo Swinney as a member of the 1992 national championship team. Swinney has forged a winner at Clemson since taking over for Tommy Bowden in 2008, as noted in USA Today.
In other SEC action this weekend:
- South Carolina 27, North Carolina 10 (from Aug. 29)
- Ole Miss 39, Vanderbilt 35 (from Thursday)
- Alabama-Virginia Tech (at Atlanta)
- Louisiana-Lafayette at Arkansas
- Washington State at Auburn
- Toledo at Florida
- Kentucky-Western Kentucky (at Nashville)
- LSU-TCU at Arlington, Texas
- Miss. State-Oklahoma State at Houston
- Murray State at Missouri
- Austin Peay at Tennessee
- Rice at Texas A&M.
-- How do you think the Georgia-Clemson game will go? Tell us in the comments below.