Gwinnett County school officials announced Monday that 12 students will have their college tuition paid in full through the Gates Millennium Scholars program.
To date, it is the district's largest class of Gates Millennium Scholars. The 12 students are among just 1,000 chosen across the country.
Representatives from the Gates Millennium Scholars Program will visit Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) this week to congratulate students and school counselors.
The schools represented and seniors receiving scholarships are:
- Central Gwinnett High School
- Earl Hughes, who plans to attend Hampton University
- Meadowcreek High School
- Yonnatan Manmektew, who plans to attend Georgetown University
- Mill Creek High School
- Yong Lee, who plans to attend Harvard University
- Mountain View High School
- Victor Mata, who plans to attend University of Georgia
- Hannah-Dulya Menelas, who plans to attend Cornell University
- Nyles Pollonais, who plans to attend Georgia Southern
- Yonas Takele, who plans to attend Yale University
- North Gwinnett High School
- John Koh, who plans to attend Brown University
- Ha Truong, who plans to attend University of Georgia
- Wendy Yang, who plans to attend Yale University
- Shiloh High School
- Desiree Aighobahi, who plans to attend Cornell University