The Norcross City Council will meet Monday night for its regular monthly meeting and work session. The session starts at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting will follow at 7 p.m. Nov. 5 in Norcross City Hall, located at 65 Lawrenceville Street.
Topics to be discussed include:
- An office furniture showroom and sales business at 2350 Beaver Ruin Rd. has requested to be rezoned from C-1 (neighborhood business district) to C-2 (general business).
- A business around the Citgo at 1804 Beaver Ruin Rd. has requested for a special use permit in order to operate an automotive tire store in its location.
Items on the consent agenda include:
- Adding gateway signage and digital reader board to the downtown area. While the locations for the signs had been discussed separately in previous meetings, the council decided to combine the three areas into one file: one for downtown Norcross to replace the old reader board by the railroad tracks on Jones Street; the installation of a large monument gateway sign and reader board at Buford Highway and Holcomb Bridge Road; and a similar sign and board at Peachtree Industrial Boulevard and Holcomb Bridge.
- The creation of a citizen-driven Norcross Arts Commission, which would develop a three-year strategic plan for enhancing the arts in Norcross for council approval. The proposal for the council to support the arts more in Norcross has been discussed in past council meetings.
- The approval of the Intergovernmental Agreement/Gwinnett County Energy Excise Tax
- The motion to consider a feasibility study for the Barton Street Waterworks facility, or Johnson Dean Park. The city would contract a company to conduct the study on the facility with funds being allocated from the Recreation SPLOST Funds.
- A special alcohol permit for the city's Third Thursday Art Parties
For the full details of the agenda, download the pdf file from the city of Norcross website.