The Norcross City Council will meet for its regular work session and monthly meeting Monday, Feb. 4.
The work session starts at 6:30 p.m. in Norcross City Hall and will set the agenda for the monthly meeting, which will start at 7 p.m.
In the later meeting, the agenda includes a public hearing on a resolution to accept a Community Development Block Grant award for $564,400. The funds will go toward constructing sidewalk accessibility improvements on Price Place, Center Way, North Peachtree Street, West Peachtree Street, Mitchell Road and Old Norcross Road.
Other items on the agenda include:
- The parking lot project at Norcross City Hall: The council will compare the estimated costs of two parking lot plans for the lot.
- Gateway signage and downtown digital reader board: During the January policy work session, many councilmen voiced that they were ready to finally vote on the matter, which had been in discussion for months. The signage is proposed for three Norcross locations (Holcomb Bridge Road and Buford Highway, Holcomb Bridge Road and Peachtree Industrial, and the Jones Street and Wingo Street).
- Qualifying fees for running for mayor and city council during election season
- The ECG Intergovernmental Participant Contract
- Changing the wording on the senior utilities exemptions policy so that the exemption only applies to current residents
- Revision of the city's noise control ordinance
- An ordinance on establishing a registry for a vacant or foreclosed property
The meeting will adjourn with a proclamation for Reuben A. "Junior" Gant, a Norcross resident who died in December.