Gwinnett County District 3 Commissioner-elect Tommy Hunter, Commission Chairman Charlotte Nash and District 1 Commissioner Jace Brooks will be sworn in this Sunday, Dec. 30 at the Gwinnett County Justice and Administration Center.
Nash, who has served 18 months as chairman since winning a special election in March of 2011, was unopposed in both the primary and general election and will begin a four-year term in January.
Hunter defeated two-term commissioner Mike Beaudreau in the August runoff and was unopposed in the general election. He takes office in January.
Brooks took office in September after he was the sole candidate to qualify for a special election to fill the District 1 vacancy. He was unopposed in the general election and also begins a four-year term in January.
Chief Magistrate George F. Hutchinson III will administer the oath of office and preside over the ceremony.
The ceremony is open to the public and will take place Sunday, Dec. 30 at 3 p.m. at the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center, 75 Langley Drive in Lawrenceville.
- Voters Closer to Atlanta Supported TSPLOST
- Hunter Edges Past Beaudreau in Runoff for District 3 Commission Seat
- Former Gwinnett Planning Commissioner Charged With Bribery
- Lasseter's Son Sentenced to Prison for His Role in Corruption Scandal
- Georgia Public Policy Foundation Presents 'Plan B' for Transportation