The Norcross City Council will meet for its July work session and council meeting Monday.
The big topic for the evening is the , which the at the May city council meeting and was discussed last at the .
Councilman Ross Kaul had , which would ban tobacco use from all city property. After much talk, the council didn't make an official decision to repeal or keep it.
At the upcoming work session, the council will discuss either to cut, amend or keep the ordinance, and then if a decision is made, they'll vote on it afterward in the city council meeting.
Do you think the council will come to a decision on the Tobacco Free Ordinance? Tell us in the comments.
Other agenda items to be voted on include:
- The rezoning of 484 N. Norcross Tucker Rd. from C-2 (mixed-use commercial) to M-1 (light industrial)
- The retirement of K-9 Charlie, a dog with the Norcross Police Department
- To approve a revision of the Open Meetings/Open Records Law
- To appoint a vacancy on the Zoning Board of Appeals after the death of Jim Scarbrough, the longtime Norcross resident who died in a scooter crash in June
- The swearing in of three new officers for the Norcross Police Department
The regular work session will take place at the second floor conference room 6:30 p.m. Monday, July 2, and the monthly city council meeting will take place at 7 p.m. The meetings will be held at the at 65 Lawrenceville St.