Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter is seeking the death penalty in the September triple homicide near Snellville, according to one report.
The Gwinnett Daily Post reported Porter filed a motion last month to seek capital punishment for Robert Erik Bell, who is accused of ambushing and shooting to death Angela Benton, her 12-year-old son, Joseph McDonald and 19-year-old godson, Raynard Daniel on Sept. 15, 2013 on Anderson Livsey Lane. He had been staying in Benton’s residence because he had fallen on hard times.
The Post reported Porter has filed death penalty motions since November.
Also see previous Patch stories on this case:
- Snellville Triple Homicide Suspect Indicted
- Triple Homicide Suspect in Custody After Search in New Orleans
- Police: Robert Bell, Suspected in Homicides, May Be Out of State
- Stolen Truck From Night of Triple Homicide Found in New Orleans
- Police: Man Shot Preteen, Teen, Mother in Snellville-Area Homicide
- 911 Call from Triple Homicide Near Snellville: 'I Think She's Dead'
- Update: Three Reported Shot to Death Near Snellville