.

Fire Burns Through Roof, Results in Total Loss of Norcross Home

Fire officials said wind-whipped blaze started in the clothes dryer.

Whipped by winds, a Tuesday night fire burned through the roof and resulted in the total loss of a home on East Windsor Lane near Norcross.

Two parents and their three children were uninjured, but displaced by the fire, which occurred after 11 p.m. Tuesday, March 25 on the 6200 block of East Windsor.

Gwinnett Fire spokesman Lt. Colin Rhoden said investigators ruled the fire an accident that started in the clothes dryer.

Rhoden reported in a media release:

Smoke and fire totaled the second floor of the house and broke through the roof burning it completely off. The fire was brought under control by the heavy streams from the Ladder Truck that was in front of the house.  The residences on either side of the burning house were well protected by firefighters.  Crews entered the house and searched for hot spot and extinguished any hidden fires. ... The home is a total loss and two adults and three children will be displaced. ...  The residents required American Red Cross Assistance for clothing and food.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »