A business at 400 Lively St., just accross Buford Highway from Historic Norcross, caught fire this morning around 11 a.m.
Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency crews found thick, black smoke bellowing from the building when they arrived on the scene shortly after, according to Cpt. Tommy Rutledge.
Thirty firefighters knocked out the flames of the one-alarm fire within 30 minutes, Rutledge said in a release. No injuries were reported and all employees made it out of the blaze safely.
The large, butler-style metal building housed three businesses, but it appears that the fire orginated at the distriuting company Re Metals. "The fire appears to have been sparked by a forklift that hit a light fixture on the ceiling while extended. The spark ignited the metal shaving dust and flashed," Rutledge wrote in the statement.
The situation was under control by 11:37 a.m.