From Suwanee Patch
Super Bowl 2013 provided a thrilling ending Sunday (February 3) to the pro football season, with the Baltimore Ravens holding off the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 to win the NFL title in New Orleans.
Not until a fourth-down pass from the 49ers' Colin Kaepernick was incomplete in the end zone in the final two minutes was the game effectively decided. The 49ers were trailing 34-29 at that point.
Early in the second half, Baltimore had led 28-6, but a power outage in the Superdome halted play for about 30 minutes, and seemed to give San Francisco a chance to regroup.
Here is what some key media outlets are reporting about Sunday's game and key aspects:
- HARBAUGH VS. HARBAUGH: "How could it be any other way?" Ravens coach John Harbaugh said of the close win over his brother Jim, the 49ers' coach, in the New York Times.
- COMMERCIALS: Via Admeter and USA TODAY, watch the commercials from Sunday's Super Bowl. Share your favorites in the comments below.
- HOLDING ON 49ERS' 4TH DOWN PLAY? San Francisco head coach Jim Harbaugh felt the Ravens should have been penalized on the 49ers' fourth-down pass attempt late in the game. Read the Sporting News story, with video.
- HALFTIME SHOW: Beyonce "balanced explosions and humanity, imperiousness with warmth," according to the New York Times.
- BLACKOUT: Superdome officials blame "abnormality in the system," according to nola.com.
- VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: A Sporting News video recaps the action from Sunday's Super Bowl.
-- How did you like the 2013 Super Bowl? What were your favorite commercials? Did you enjoy Beyonce's halftime gig? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
You might also enjoy reading:
- Falcons' Stadium Voice Talks of the 2013 Super Bowl That Almost Was