Springtime to us means a day trip to the strawberry farm. After coming home with a gallon of fresh strawberries, the next thing to do was to start whipping up some recipes using these amazingly delicious berries.
So here we go: strawberry banana pancakes. This is easily the best pancake I have ever eaten. Maybe I haven’t tried enough pancakes, but these are amazing.
I didn’t completely make these from scratch, I used pancake mix instead of going with flour, baking powder, etc. So, that made the pancake process a bit faster.
Ingredients (makes about 12 pancakes):
- pancake mix or all-purpose baking mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 very ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (sliced into small pieces)
- Optional: powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
1. Mix the pancake mix, milk, vanilla extract egg and mashed banana in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth and well-blended.
2. Fold the strawberries to the pancake mixture.
3. Heat a lightly greased griddle on medium high heat. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle.
4. Cook until you see bubbles on the surface of the pancake, then flip the cake using a spatula and cook until golden.
5. Top with powdered sugar and syrup, if desired, serve and enjoy!
This is a great breakfast or brunch dish to whip up this weekend! Try it out and let me know how it goes.