Almost 150 million Americans now use at least one social networking site, according to MediaBistro’s Shea Bennett. Women “check-in” much more than men – almost 100 million more visits per month!
It’s probably no surprise that Pinterest is predominantly female, but according to the AllTwitter post, 64% of Twitter users are women who lead in log ins with 58% of Facebook and 60% of social gamers. “Men lead the way on Reddit (84 percent), Google+ (71 percent) and LinkedIn (63 percent)." There are more men on LinkedIn than there are women who use LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+ combined.
A few more interesting facts:
- Men are twice as likely to post something on their social networking site that they later regret.
- 58% of men are likely to delete people from their friends list; 67% of women users will unfriend someone.
- Nearly 300,000 status updates are posted on Facebook every minute
- 82% of Pinterest users are women
Online MBA brings perspective to other aspects of the demographics of social media users in their celestial illustration that shows:
- 845 Million Active users
- 46% are over the age of 45
- 57% have some college, but no degree
- 47% have a household income of $50k-$99k
- Equally distributed by age groups
- 50% have some college, but no degree
- 37% have a household income of $50k-$99k
- 50% are over the age of 45
- Only 10% users are under age of 24
- 61% have a college education but no degree
- 46% have a household income of $50k-$99k
So tell us, how many times each day do you check in with your favorite social media site?