Many people in Norcross are involved in a number of organizations and volunteer efforts, from festivals to 5Ks to city committees.
One of those people is Pat Eidt. Having lived in Norcross for 12 years, Eidt is the current chairman for Norcross' Downtown Development Authority, and he's also been involved in the city's Christmas Tour of Homes and the Norcross Preservation Board.
Norcross Patch spoke with Eidt to dig up a little bit more about himself.
What is your profession?
Account executive with Dealermatch.com–a start-up company that helps dealers improve their selling and buying processes for used cars wholesale among the 25,000 automotive dealerships.
What Norcross projects/organizations are/were you involved in?
- Current chairman of the Downtown Development Authority
- Former chairman of the Corners to Crossing Races
- Former chairman of Norcross Neighbors
- Parks & Green Space Commission
- Christmas Tour of Homes Committee
- Norcross Preservation Board
- Fall festival volunteer
Name something notable that you're especially proud of.
I was quite proud of the Corners To Crossing Races that helped earn more than $50,000 over four years for the Fowler YMCA, local public schools and charities.
What is a saying/quote that you live by?
“Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
What's something that many people don't know about you?
While working at Ford Motor Company in the '80s, I was assigned to train a sales intern for 9 months. That trainee was William Clay Ford Jr., current Chairman of the Board at Ford Motor Company. I guess I didn’t screw him up too badly.
What are some of your hobbies? Hunting (poor shot), golf (badly) and playing the guitar (equally badly).
- Influential People of Norcross: Edie Riehm
- Influential People of Norcross: Gene Ramsay
- Influential People of Norcross: Ariel Ghinga
- Influential People of Norcross: Arlene Beckles