It's Friday, but Norcross Patch is already looking toward next week. Here are five things to look forward to March 5 through 10.
1. A new Best of Patch Readers' Choice: This week, readers voted for the best Latin American restaurant in town and the victor was in Historic Downtown Norcross. Next week's poll will be Best Places to Work Out, and voting starts promptly at 5 a.m. Monday. If you've got a favorite, comment with it and it may end up on the poll.
2. City Council Meeting: Norcross' monthly city council meeting will take place Monday, March 5 at 7 p.m. at city hall.
3. Irishman Whiskey Tasting: Starting the same time as the city council meeting, the whiskey tasting at will have samples from the Irishman Whiskey Company and a four-course meal to complement it. Reservations are encouraged for the Monday evening event, so check out the details and information .
4. Gambling Complex Discussion at PDC Meeting: The PDC meeting plans to talk about the that was announced earlier this week. Join in on the discussion at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday, March 7, at if you've got an opinion on it.
5. The Norcross Antique Road Show: Bring your old treasures to see if it's worth anything next Saturday at the . The annual event will be hosted by Selma Paul, star appraiser of HGTV's "If Walls Could Talk." Doors open at noon, but the road show will start at 1 p.m. and end at 4 p.m. Admission is free and one item is allowed for appraisal.