Another weekend is about to roll around - here's what we found that's going on around town.
1. For theater lovers: Blind Date is playing at Lionheart Theatre now through Aug. 4 A couple with a tragedy in their past attempt to reconcile their marriage through a series of "Blind Dates" placed in the Classified Ads. Sometimes the results are funny, sometimes sad, but always touching. Location: 10 Britt Avenue. Click here for ticket information.
2. For art lovers: Kudzu ArtZone features member juried show featuring a variety of mediums, styles and genres. Location: 116 Caryle Street. Open 11-4 p.m. Aug. 2-3. Visit the website for more information.
3. For music lovers: Summer concert Series: A-Town, A-List Location: Thrasher Park, 93 Park Drive Friday, Aug, 2, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. Fifth years of pop music rolled into one fantastic night. Come dance under the stars to classic favorites with a contemporary edge. Bring blankets, chairs and a cooler and grab a spot on the green. Click here for more information.
4. For American Idol Fans American Idol LIVE Tour 2013 Sunday, Aug. 4 at the Gwinnett Arena Address: 6400 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Duluth The American Idol LIVE Tour returns for another hit tour to showcase the season's talented top finalists. Click here for the arena website and ticket information.
5. For sports lovers The Gwinnett Braves play the Charlotte Knights at Coolray Field. Date: Aug. 2 Address: One Braves Ave., Lawnreceville, GA The Atlanta Braves AAA affiliate, the Gwinnett Braves, plays baseball in their 10,000 seat state-of-the-art Coolray Field on Buford Drive in Lawrenceville, less than 5 minutes from I-85 and the Mall of Georgia. Click here for ticket information.