Policy Work Session Scheduled for Monday
The tobacco free ordinance, in addition to other items, are on the agenda.
Updated, 12:08 p.m.
The June 18th policy work session has been rescheduled to take place around 7:30 p.m. instead of its usual time of 6:30 p.m. The time change is to allow time for members to attend the visitation of James Scarbrough, the Norcross resident who died Saturday in a two-vehicle wreck.
The special called meeting will still take place at 6:30 p.m., with a break for the visitation and the policy work session to follow.
The meeting and session will take place on the second floor conference room of Norcross City Hall, located at 65 Lawrenceville St.
The Norcross City Council and mayor will be meeting at city hall Monday evening for its monthly policy work session.
The agenda items for the session include:
- The repeal of the Tobacco Free Ordinance, which the city council passed 3-1 at the May city council meeting
- Rezoning of 484 N. Norcross Tucker Rd. from C-2 (mixed-use commercial) to M-1 (light industrial)
- A statue of Sadhu Vaswani to be placed in Lillian Webb Park
- A revision of the Tree Preservation Ordinance presented by the Tree Preservation Board
- A recommendation to keep the Outdoor Display of Merchandise ordinance, which one longtime business owner said has hurt his business greatly
- The retirement of K-9 Charlie, a dog with the Norcross Police Department
- To change the wording in accordance with the revision of Open Meetings/Open Records Law
There also will be a public hearing on the land acquisition of 5765 Buford Highway that the city wants to purchase for a new gateway sign.