Norcross City Council 2013 Retreat is Monday
The annual meeting will cover important topics that the council aims to concentrate on in the new year.
Updated, 1:29 p.m.
The Norcross City Council will meet Monday, Jan. 14, for its annual retreat, which will cover the goals and direction of the council for the 2013 year.
Starting at 4 p.m. and tentatively ending at 9 p.m. at the Norcross Cultural Arts and Community Center, the schedule for the five-hour long meeting is as follows:
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Goal Setting and Directions for 2013
5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: Boards and Commission Report and /Requests
6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.: Dinner Break
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.: Items for Discussion and Executive Session
Some discussion items on the agenda include:
- Assessing the Norcross Police Department
- 2013 vision for economic development
- 2030 five-year plan update
- Many LCI implementation projects and improvement updates
- The community development block grant
- Railroad safety at intersections
- City support of the arts alliance and the Norcross Arts Center
- Current and future SPLOST money
- Store water drainage installation on Holcomb Bridge Rd.
- Electric rate study
- NCACC ballroom renovation
To see the full list of discussion items, check out the PDF on the city of Norcross website by clicking on the "download" link next to "2013 MAYOR AND COUNCIL RETREAT."
Editor's Note: This article originally stated that the meeting would take place in city hall. The meeting will actually be at the Norcross Cultural Arts and Community Center, located at 10 College St. in downtown Norcross.