Gun Sales Suspended at Dick's Sporting Goods
The national chain, with three locations in Gwinnett County, made the move after Friday's school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.
Dick's Sporting Goods, with a location in nearby Peachtree Corners, has stopped selling some semi-automatic rifles to show respect for the victims in last week's school shooting in Connecticut, CNN reports.
It's not known when the stores will return to selling guns in the category of "modern sporting rifles," CNN says.
The shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, which killed 20 children and six adults, has re-ignited a national debate about gun control. Local Patch bloggers have also weighed in, both for and against new regulation.
What do you think? Should more stores suspend sales of semi-automatic rifles? Tell us in the comments below.
- The Hardest Conversation
- Is Mental Health the Real Issue That Needs to Be Addressed After Mass Shootings?
- Is Your Child's School Safe?
- After Friday's Tragic Shooting, Gun Control is Back up for Debate. What's Your Opinion?
- Murder of the Innocents — What's Happening to Us?
- How to Discuss the Conneticut Shooting With Your Children