Dr. Mary Kay Murphy, the Gwinnett County School Board District III member who is seeking re-election, has pulled in more campaign contributions.
As of the September 30 reporting period, Murphy, a Peachtree Corners resident, has about $13,900 in cash contributions, according to state records.
The latest reports show some major contributions to Murphy's campaign: $2,500 by GCAE Fund for Public Education of Snellville; and $1,000 by Ty and Stephanie Hanna of Duluth. Their business is listed as Galaxy Capital.
Loretta Christoper, a Peachtree Corners City Council member, contributed $300 to Murphy.
Murphy, a Republican, is being challenged by Democrat Jen Falk of Berkeley Lake.
-- Who do you think will win the District III school board race? Tell us in the comments below.
- Murphy Raises More Funds in GCPS Re-Election Bid
- Private Support for Public Education
- Is the 'No Child Left Behind' System Working?
- Better Know a District: Board of Education District 3
- Q&A on District 3 Candidate for Gwinnett County School Board