Are public-private partnerships secretly evil?
Are chambers of commerce conspiring with President Obama and the United Nations to destroy the American way of life?
Is a mind-control technique known as Delphi being used to brainwash American citizens?
These were arguments presented to Republican state senators last month in a session organized by Sen. Chip Rogers, who is now the outgoing Senate majority leader for Georgia.
Fifty-two minutes of the session (see embedded video) were recorded by a volunteer for the Athens-based Better Georgia organization. The session was led by Field Searcy, whom the Marietta Daily Journal reports was booted from the Georgia Tea Party for promoting conspiracy theories.
Among the highlights of the presentation, according to Mother Jones magazine, was a slide comparing Obama's activities with Josef Stalin and Mao Tse Tung. On a similar plane to Stalin and Mao's actions that "Stripped landowners of property," according to the slide, is Obama's effort to "Encourage public/private partnershps."
You also might be intersted in:
What do you think? Are Georgia state senators using their time well? Tell us in the comments below.
See More on Patch
- New Boating Laws Take Effect on Lake Lanier
- Norcross City Council Meeting Tonight: Mayor and Council's Pay Increase, Land Acquisitions, and More
- Town Hall Meeting on Immigration Reform Scheduled in Norcross
- Q&A: Gwinnett Charter Schools Rep. Jose Perez
- 'Sequester' Budget Cuts to Affect Georgia's Education, Jobs, Vaccines and More