It's almost time for one of Norcross' largest festivals to hit town.
The Norcross Art Fest, now in its ninth year, will take over the streets of Norcross Saturday through Sunday, Oct. 6-7.
Bringing in around 60,000 attendees last year, the 2012 festival will have more than 150 artists who cover mediums for all tastes, from jewelry-making to sculpture to oil painting.
The artist tents aren't the only crowd-pleasers for the weekend, though. The festival also has:
- Chairs for Charity table, the fundraiser that auctions off student-decorated chairs and furniture to raise money for the art departments in Norcross schools;
- The Kidz Zone, which has face painting, inflatables and energetic rides;
- Live music, and th entire bill can be found on the Norcross Art Fest website
- Booths for local organizations such as Annandale Village and the Robert D. Fowler YMCA
On top of everything, the Norcross Art Fest 2012 will give proceeds of the festival to the Norcross Lions Club, which will distribute the money to local causes, charities and organizations. Last year, the festival was able to give $12,000 to the club.
For more details, check out the Norcross Art Fest website on Splash Festivals at norcrossartfest.splashfestivals.com.
Be sure to check Norcross Patch every weekday leading up to the festival for a daily Norcross Art Fest spotlight on different artists. Check out Linda Silverthorne, the first artist in the series.
Do you plan to attend the festival? Tell us in the comments below.
- Do the Arts Need More City Support in Norcross?
- Norcross Art Fest Spotlight: Linda Silverthorne
- Norcross Art Fest Needs You!
- The Art Of Giving
- Norcross Art Fest is Three Weeks Away and the Chairs are Getting Ready!